Friday, October 20, 2017

What can we do with old tyre and punctured tubes?

I have lots of worn out tyres from my bike shop.  I can’t leave them outside for too long because mosquito could breed in them should water accumulate inside its hollow space because of the rain.
I was inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest and manged to tie some up to create a chair.  This is how it turned out.
Raffia strings don’t hold them together too well and after some time, they fell apart.  What will you consider using to tie them up together so that they can last longer?
If the stains on your chair cannot be cleaned, you can cover it up with punctured tyre tubes this way. It can also cover small cracks on chairs so that you fanny will not get pinched.
I also like to consider using punctured tubes as material to explore my creativity.  Here are some of my creations.
This is made with gear cable and tube.
Would the guys wear this?
Here are some tips if you need inspiration to create with waste material you have collected from your bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment